Write a book review of the novel you read. I expect very detailed responses for this assignment mainly because it is your final one for your novel. YOU MUST follow the criteria given on the following websites: (Choose the appropriate criteria according to your novel - fiction or non-fiction)
1.) FICTION NOVELS - http://teach.fcps.net/literaryclub/old/fictionportfoliograde4_8.htm
2.) NON-FICTION - http://teach.fcps.net/literaryclub/old/nonfictiongrades4_8portfolio.htm
Shadow in Hawthorn Bay: Overall on a scale from one to ten I would rate this book a 4.5 because I couldn't really keep up with the old time talk, and at first I couldn't really get into it because in the beginning it was almost all information, but as the book progressed it got more and more exciting. Introduction: The book Shadow in Hawthorn Bay was written by Janet Lunn to what I think get out there what the days in 1815 were like and the belifes and superstiotions that they believed in. Body: I thought this book was somewhat successful and it somewhat failed. I think this because Janet Lunn failed to put more descriptive words when she was trying to explain what happened over a length of time in this book. Conclusion: In the conclusion of the book I thought it was too sudden for an ending, I think Janet Lunn needed to transition into the ending a little more, because you can`t just end it all of a sudden. Language: I think Janet Lunn used all of her words correctly and displayed a very wide range of words, and the book had a lot of new words that I have never spoken let alone heard of. Sentances: I found that the sentance structure mostly stayed the same throughout the whole book, which i foulf one of the reasons why it was just a little more boring than usual because you could use a little variety. Correctness: I found that everything in this book is very well done and that everything was correctly.
ReplyDeleteShadow in Hawthorn Bay - I would say you wouldn't like well because first it is really boring. Out of all I would give this book a three out of ten.
ReplyDeleteIntro - Mary the main character has these dreams about her cousin Duncan. She is always sad, she also says she can hear him speaking saying her name. So she is making a plan to run away to upper Canada too see him. My thoughts about the intro, I thought it was pretty boring I just wanted to put the book down.
Body - So Mary decides to go to upper Canada for her journey but on her way she is successful and she fails she is successful that she got there and she fails on her way. I thought she was very clumsy for an example she fell in a lake.
Conclusion - In the book she finally finds out that Duncan died and her aunt and uncle left to go back home so she should have waited a year to go down. However she didn't, she meets new people, lives with them, moves out and than gets a job. However for the ending she gets married to a boy named Luke.